Aruba Instant On AP17 Outdoor Access Points allows you to extend WiFi to your outdoor locations. Ideal for outdoor cafes, poolside, car dealership outdoor lots, or for open-air restaurants. Mix and match with other Instant On APs for your inside areas.
Get setup and running in minutes with the Aruba Instant On Cloud app management system. The cloud-hosted web interface and mobile app make it easy to manage multiple Aruba Instant On APs deployed in your facility, keeping network access logins and security settings consistent.
Given their outdoor location, recommended is using Power over Ethernet (802.1af Class 2) to power the AP17. The AP17 (R2X11A) provides only the unit. Separately you must provide Power over Ethernet.
AP17 APs provide best coverage when mounted on a wall or high on a pole. Unit ships with a wall mount bracket.
Specified hardware for 867 Mbps on 5 GHz (.11ac) | 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz (.11n) | Total 1167 Mbps throughput | Unit has one Gigabit 100/1000 uplink connection | recommended for up to 50 max active devices.
Access Points are dedicated WiFi devices used to deliver enhanced WiFi across a facility, to reach all areas needing wireless connectivity, with WiFi strength beyond what is possible with WiFi repeaters. This technology, common is large companies and colleges and universities, is now available for smaller business and SMBs looking for strong WiFi in their facilities. Aruba Instant On is the business-class Access Point (AP) solution for you. Small businesses and SMBs are facing a number of challenges that need constant attention, so setting up and running a network shouldn’t be on that list. Choosing the best Wi-Fi for your business should make your life simple.
We’ve made it easy to keep Wi-Fi users happy, mobile devices connected and your network secure. Aruba Instant On APs work together in concert, with shared security access and presenting a common network across your facility. Setting up employee and guest networks is a breeze. Smart Mesh Wi-Fi makes it easy to cover rooms difficult to reach with wires.
Whether you own a small retail store or a busy bed-and-breakfast or a professional office location, Wi-Fi plays such a critical role today. Aruba Instant On Access Points (APs) are easy to deploy and manage – at an attractive price point. Instant On AP models can be mixed in the same network. Everything from mounting hardware to easy-to-use web and mobile app management tools, and business-grade software features are included.
- Single unit (UK model). Separately provide PoE or order power adapter and cord
- Mounting: for ceiling or wall mounting. Mounting hardware included.
- Warranty: 1 Year. From Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company.
IN THE BOX
– Aruba Instant On AP17 Access Point
– Aruba Instant On AP17 Quick Start Guide
– Cable gland
– Wall mount bracket (solid surface)
– M4X6 screw
– M6X45 screw
– Copper lug
– Dual Radio for simultaneous dual-band operation
– 5 GHz 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO for up to 867 Mbps wireless data rate, with Multi User MIMO support (Wi-Fi 5)
– 2.4 GHz 802.11n 2×2 MIMO for up to 300 Mbps wireless data rate (Wi-Fi 4)
– 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet (RJ45)
– Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio
– LED status indicator
– Reset button
– 156mm x 67mm x 187mm, excluding mount accessories
– Weight: 650g
– Power over Ethernet (PoE): 802.3af power consumption 13.5W max
– Two dual-band omni- directional antennas (4.7 dBi gain at 2.4 GHz, 4.2 dBi gain at 5 GHz)
– The access point ships with a mount bracket, can be mounted on the wall or a pole
COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY
IEC 60950/62368 CB
UL2043 for air-handling space (plenum rating)
ENVIRONMENTAL & RELIABILITY
Operating Temperature: -40° C to +50° C (-40° F to +122° F)
MTBF: 300khrs (34yrs) at +25° C
Instant On mobile application (Android & iOS)
Cloud Portal: Portal.ArubaInstantOn.com
WARRANTY & SUPPORT
Aruba Instant On 2-year* warranty includes 24X7 phone support for the first 90 days and chat support for the entire warranty period. Community support is for as long as you own the products. Should you require longer support, please purchase a Foundation Care contract for your APs. The SKUs are HK1Y0E (3 years) and H30GZE (5 years).